sexta-feira, 2 de julho de 2021


 

 

ADORATION – Translated July the 1st., 2021

 

I keep under my nails a remnant of perfume

Wafted from you, as wet  earth scenting,

A subtle smell of flower, to war smelling,

Fiercely fought... no hatred, no hint of doom.

 

I keep on my face the remnant of a kissing,

Deeply burnt as golden blemishes’ boon,

A draft of wine only for me, so I presume,

As fresh and deep as that moment’s warming

 

That united us, like a ballad on fair Spring,

Like a cloud castle on Winter still telling

Of the growth of love, all kindly and ripe,

 

As a subtle rebirth, a chimaera in jewelling,

Laid at the feet of that fancy deity bright,

Who I hope in triumph over my fate will alight.

 

As illustration, the actress Mariska Hargitay.

Here the original I first wrote in Portuguese,

 

ADORAÇÃO 1981

 

Guardo em minhas unhas um resto de perfume

Evolado de ti, cheiro de terra,

Cheiro de flor sutil, cheio da guerra

Feroz travada... sem rancor, nem lume.

 

Guardo em minhas faces os restos de teu beijo,

Profundas e queimadas marcas d'ouro,

Um trescalar de vinho, sem desdouro,

Profundo e fresco como o ardor do ensejo

 

Que nos uniu, balada em primavera,

Inverno trescalante e castelar,

Amor que germinou, fresco e maduro,

 

Num rebrotar sutil, jóia e quimera,

Engaste aos pés do nume tutelar,

Que triunfal governa o meu futuro...

 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário