segunda-feira, 1 de março de 2021


 

 

THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION IS GIVEN

BELOW THE PORTUGUESE ORIGINAL.  

PLEASE COMPARE, YOUR FRIEND, BILL

 

SUSPIRO I – 06/01/09

(Para Eliana Huber, the flute player)

 

Pois esta noite, como a luz falhasse,

Por vez primeira, pude te enxergar.

Foi tão estranho!... assim te contemplasse,

À luz da flauta, em olhos de luar...

 

Visão tão doce --- como se beijasse

O som-murmúrio que provém de ti.

Foi tão estranho!... que a luz me faltasse

Por que eu pudesse ver-te como vi...

 

A alma isolada, em bálsamo de classe,

Soprando na penumbra, assim me ungiste

O coração, no mais sagrado enlace.

 

Com gestos de veludo me bruniste...

Foi tão estranho!... que eu te contemplasse,

No som quebrado de uma flauta triste!...

 

A SIGH – 2/28/2021

 

Last night, when the light us failed,

I could see you as for the first time.

How weird it was!  Like a mild chime,

The moon in your eyes awhile you played...

 

How sweet it was! Like a kiss was handed

Through that whispered sound of thine.

How weird it was!  That  light would pine

So that I could see you that way streaked...

 

The soul alone, like a fine balsam flowing

Blowing in the twilight and thus anointing

My heart so in the most sacred bond,

 

With your velvety breath a-rubbing me.

It was so weird!  That thus I saw thee

As a sad flute a-playing a broken sound...


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário