sábado, 27 de março de 2021


 

 

VANITY – 19 April 2006

 

Often you asked me -- "Am I the muse?

"Do I inspire you, as others had?

"I wished your heart for me bled

"And that your verses could not confuse

 

"My messy mind -- that believe I could

"You wrote them for me, no for another,

"That it's love indeed, not a bother

"That I mistrust and set aside should..."

 

How many proofs do you need yet?

How many occasions of ours I set,

To show the source for those poems’ seed...

 

Forlorn hope of latter days' conquest...

Agreed you're not my first muse indeed,

Though I'm sure that you shall be the last!...

 

DRIPPING – 20 Apr 2006

 

High time it is for you at last set aside

Your doubts and wavering, your disguises,

Your avoidances, back-stepping, the rises

Of self-doubt, your ghosts, all that slide

 

From the inner reaches of a helpless mind

And take you over and fill with sadness.

Stay with me, for life is but an hourglass

And all too soon some mayhem you will find,

 

Everywhere to be seen after all.  The flow of time

Is more a whirligig than mellow sift of sand

You just turn over to mark one hour blessed.

 

Youth seeps away much earlier than you'd guessed:

The years pass you by and soon they but mime

The sparkle and lust that life seemed once blend.


JOLENE ANDERSON, THE AUSTRALIAN

MOVIE STAR, ON THE ILLUSTRATION.



 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário