terça-feira, 9 de fevereiro de 2021


 

 

AMBLYOPE I (1982)

 

So that's my Fate, to see myself doubled

In the same generation that left me forlorn,

Ever so often by Love's crafty smile torn,

Again so often by such Love troubled...

 

I ran away a little, you showed a little scorn,

And then you challenged me in hatred and struggled

My bitter flesh to bound -- and with vastness adorn,

Repealed, invited, beckoned, in withdrawal boggled.

 

Never understood women, men have never known,

Only ken myself -- and the Love from me flown

Toward you -- the Love unpent and unenjoyed.

 

Love so often lost, in Love never rejoiced,

Love within my grasp and lost the Love sought:

Love minced to bits the only Love I caught... 

 

AMBLÍOPE  (1982) 

 

Meu destino, afinal, é ver-me duplicado

Na mesma geração que tem-me desvalido,

E quantas vezes creia Amor tenha sorrido,

Nas mesmas vezes tenha Amor desprestigiado...

 

Um pouco fujo eu -- um pouco tu me evitas,

Quase me desafias, em detestar me odeias,

A carne minha amarga de vastidão enleias,

Repeles, retrocedes, acenas e concitas...

 

Nunca entendi mulher, dos homens nunca soube,

Eu sei só de mim mesmo, eu sei quanto te quero,

Amor não cabe em mim, Amor nunca me coube:

 

Amor que perdi sempre, Amor não recupero,

Amor que julgo ter, um outro Amor me roube,

Amor que despedaça o Amor que mais espero!...

 

 

 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário