segunda-feira, 8 de fevereiro de 2021


 

 

INVITATION – (2009)

 

Clear it is, that when poems I write,

(even when in the verses never tampering

because they come ready and, at sight,

I only cover the sheets with lingering

 

lines galore, so weirdly throbbing,

in their genteel metrics so uniform,

their pure singing rhymes liquid sobbing,

though in the ideas always disconform...),

 

I should like to have pleasure with thou,

mine in writing -- yours, in the listening,

in such a pure miracle as of yore,

 

clear to the eyes of all, but human though,

if only thou the means will find fitting

to open me thine heart's secret store...

 

Here you go the original in Portuguese:

CONVITE I (1979)

 

Claro está, que ao traçar de meus poemas

(Mesmo que nos poemas não interfira,

Porque já chegam prontos e eu apenas

Recubra do papel a longa tira,

 

Com versos que palpitam, singulares,

Na métrica sutil tão uniformes,

Na rima puros e límpidos cantares,

Mas nas ideias sempre desconformes...),

 

Eu gostaria de ter prazer contigo:

Eu, de escrever...  E tu, de me escutares,

Nesse milagre puro e tão antigo:

 

Claro aos olhos de todos, mas humano,

Se tu ao menos meios me entregares,

De abrir-te o coração -- em gesto arcano...


A MODELO DA ILUSTRAÇÃO FOI IDENTIFICADA COMO JENNA SANDLY.

           


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário