terça-feira, 25 de maio de 2021


 

 

ALOOFNESS XI – Translated May 25, ‘21

 

Stealthily, I seek for you in my dream:

you cannot flee when caught in this embrace,

the dream is mine and its script I trace,

when kisses are complete and without seam.

 

Then I see that your vision bears no gleam,

for I brought you as a slave into my space,

before my yearning you look out of grace

and your smiles are fake and come to spleen.

 

Thus I sigh to let you go and only watch

the dimmest shade, all hollow of desire,

so I slip into your dream, knock at your gate

 

and if you open it, there’ll be no match

to this religion of the kiss most sincere

when you may dream my shadow as your mate.


QUEM RECORDA DE MARTHA VICKERS,

A ANTIGA ATRIZ HOLLYWOODIANA?


AS USUAL, MY PORTUGUESE ORIGINAL

I TRANSLATED THE ABOVE FROM,

 

ESQUIVANÇA XI

 

Furtivamente, te procuro nos meus sonhos:

não te podes esquivar, quando te abraço;

o sonho é meu e seu roteiro traço,

onde os beijos são completos e bisonhos.

 

Porém neles teus olhares são tristonhos:

que te trouxe cativa a meu espaço;

ante minha ânsia, o teu ardor é baço

e teus sorrisos falsos são medonhos...

 

E assim, te deixo ir...  E só contemplo

a sombra esmaecida, sem desejo...

Vou a teus sonhos e busco o teu portão.

 

Se então o abrires, sagrado como um templo,

na religião do mais sincero beijo,

sonharás com meu vulto em tua ilusão.

 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário