domingo, 23 de maio de 2021


 

BIRTHDAY TWO – Translated on May 23, ‘21

 

if I ever face love in that listless

oil lamp of a crystal-like prayer,

spring of fire divine being, a soothsayer,

my mind never warm again to be the less.

 

my entire body will it thus address,

that source of love a burning geyser,

the bubbling water never getting any grayer,

like the light of fireflies over the grass.

 

if I ever face love in that foolishness

of expecting it to be all that I care,

of wishing it to be the wish I miss,

 

never will quench the thirst I so profess

to rule within my breast led bare,

my want smothered into the scent of thy kiss.


ILLUSTRATED BY ALANA DE LA GARZA

FROM THE F.B.I. SERIES.

 

SEE BELOW MY OWN PORTUGUESE ORIGINAL

THE ABOVE WAS TRANSLATED TODAY FROM,

 

 natalício ii

 

se eu encarar amor, na displicente

candeia de uma prece cristalina,

será fonte de fogo e bem divina,

que não resfriará sequer a mente.

 

meu corpo inteiro se fará presente,

que a fonte desse amor queima e calcina,

a água borbulhante me domina,

em luz de lamparina iridescente.

 

se eu encarar amor, nessa tolice

de esperar que seja o quanto espero

e desejar que seja o que desejo,

 

não matarei a sede que te disse

dominar em meu peito, já que quero

é esfacelar-me no aroma do teu beijo.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário