sábado, 15 de maio de 2021


 

 

PREMONITION – Translated on May 15, 2021

 

I have a problem with immortality

that’s rather simple...  that the enemy gore,

after I had felt in the days of yore

I was rid of them... (rather niggardly!),

 

will be immortal as well.  Truly I can see

I won’t watch their rebirth. Their shelters sore

will be somewhere else... Maybe after galore,

hopefully longish years, friends they might be,

 

after my days end as well...  Though who knows

what happens behind that dark curtain?

But certainly they’ll be aware of my pleasure

 

or rather my relief... which hardly flows

within my heart, when I heard with no pain

of their death, gladdening  me without measure!

 

 

ILLUSTRATE BY A STILL TAKEN FROM

THE SILENT FILM STAR, CAROLE LOMBARD.

 

HERE YOU GO MY PORTUGUESE ORIGINAL

I TRANSLATED THE ABOVE FROM,

 

PREMONIÇÃO – 27 SET 2009

 

Tenho um problema com a imortalidade,

bastante simples.  É que meus inimigos,

depois de ter sentido, em dias antigos

que estava livre deles... com maldade,

 

imortais também serão.  É bem verdade

que não vão ressuscitar.  Terão abrigos

em outros planos... Talvez até amigos

se tornem quando, enfim, à saciedade,

 

terminarem meus dias...  Mas, quem sabe

o que acontece além dessa cortina?

Mas certamente saberão do meu prazer,

 

ou antes, meu alívio, que mal cabe

no coração, ao conhecer da sina

que me deixou assistir-lhes o morrer.

 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário