sexta-feira, 18 de junho de 2021


 

AGNOSIS – Translated on 06/18/2021

 

We are never alone.  On each event

there are those watching us.  Sweetly,

hungrily, on lubricity, or pleasantly,

a crowd peopling mind’s every moment.

 

Not living in the world of my own assent,

they sit within, ever present inside me,

that gang in my unconscious, reverently

jailed inside that prison to winds bent.

 

Behind bars facing and verses howling

that boil inside me until being written

so many feelings my mind never enlists,

 

thus so much diverse reasoning showing,

daring one another, to each other unbidden,

never deciding whether believers or atheists.


Illustrated by the old Hollywood star, Ann Blyth.

 

Below see the usual original sonnet

I once wrote in Portuguese.

 

AGNOSE

 

Nunca estaremos sós: a cada evento

há aqueles que contemplam.  Docemente,

esfaimados ou lúbricos.  Complacente

multidão que povoa o pensamento.

 

Não que povoem mundo em que me assento,

mas se assentam em mim.  Sempre presente

a consciência desta turba, reverente,

somente a essa prisão feita de vento.

 

Das barras me contemplam e uivam versos,

que me apresto a escrever, em ebulição

de sentimentos que nem sequer são meus.

 

Por isso raciocínios tão diversos

se contrariam, em eterna discussão,

sem decidir se são crentes ou ateus.

 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário