quinta-feira, 17 de junho de 2021


 

 

REITERATION  --  Translated on 06/17/21

 

Always we remember our forgotten pains

whenever feeling inside us newer pangs,

if ever we go through such similar bangs

to those reminding us of forbidden plans.

 

(Those kept from ourselves in hidden binds)

others foreclosed by those left in their graves,

all their bones whistling many strange lays,

sung by the dead only to a few chosen minds.

 

Thus I never know when for myself I weep

Nor can I tell if ever I mourn for myself

when I grieve for the ancients’ sufferings

 

as listening to them through every day I keep

and never send a verse I made for itself

just those heard from friendly whisperings.


illustrated by Norma Talmadge speaking 

from the silent films. 

Below the usual original I wrote in Portuguese,

 

REITERAÇÃO

 

Sempre lembramos as penas esquecidas

quando sentimos em nós as dores novas,

caso passemos por semelhantes provas

às que recordam memórias proibidas...

 

(Essas que são de nós mesmos escondidas). 

Outras vedadas pelos que, nas covas,

deixaram ossos, nas estranhas trovas

que os mortos cantam a mentes escolhidas.

 

Assim, não sei quando é por mim que choro

ou se jamais pranteio por mim mesmo,

quando lamento os males dos antigos,

 

porque a ouvi-los sempre me demoro:

não lanço versos que compus a esmo,

porém aqueles que murmuram tais amigos.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário