terça-feira, 29 de junho de 2021


 CAROLE LOMBARD, ANTIGA ATRIZ  FRANCESA

 

CUSTODY – Translated June 29, 2021

 

I want to write a thousand children in thy womb!

On that golden beach, into that flake-white shell,

One thousand immortal children... Thy bodily cell

As fertile olive oil, as soon as I inside plumb...

 

I care to write in the chromosomes light comb,

My genes sheltered in thy uterine bell,

Thy loving ovaries for me a granting gel,

All summing up to breed as fast as does a bomb.

 

To follow our race both in ovum and sperm,

Thy genes’ half for the making of a soul,

My genes’ half to boil the metal-like flesh,

 

Both thusly intent in the same rushing flash,

Nine months of love, to breed the same germ

Into a sidereal birth of calm, ethereal glow...

 

Here the usual initial Portuguese version

I translated the above from,

 

CUSTÓDIA     01 mar 80

 

Quero escrever mil filhos no teu ventre!

Na praia áurea, em concha de alvaiade,

Mil filhos imortais...  Teu corpo invade

Fértil azeite, tão logo em ti me adentre...

 

Quero escrever, à luz dos cromossomas,

Meus genes em teu útero abrigados,

Teus ovários de amor assegurados,

Hão de apressar-se, em desusadas somas,

 

A perfazer da raça deste esperma,

Nos genes que são teus, metade d'alma,

Metade em carne, metal da mesma herma.

 

E assim, no mesmo ardor apressurados,

Nove meses de amor, acalentados,

Num parto sideral de etérea calma...


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário