quinta-feira, 10 de junho de 2021


 

 

DIVERSITIES – Translated June 10, 2021

 

I grow loneliness as I would a flower,

had it planted in a blue vase as a sapling,

then slowly watered that smallish being

that I reared tall out of my own heating.

 

I grow loneliness with love to a blower,

never felt it as some niggardly thing,

made in the soul the only queen to spring,

out of isolation a value shall be winning.

 

In such a solitude lies all diversity,

that exclusion of many complaining mind,

loneliness a fruit from remembrance born,

 

not the grayish dismay light of opacity

that after their dying illusions leave behind,

but because it’s from hope a branch torn.

 

The French actress, Danielle Darrieux.


Here my Portuguese original I

translated the above from,

 

DIVERSIDADES VII

 

Cultivo a solidão como uma flor;

plantada em vaso azul essa mudinha,

aguada lentamente, pequeninha:

mas que a faça crescer com meu calor.

 

Cultivo a solidão com todo o amor;

não a percebo como emoção mesquinha,

que seja da alma a única rainha:

o isolamento também tem seu valor.

 

Que nele existe uma diversidade

dessa exclusão de que tantos se queixam:

a solidão é fruto da lembrança,

 

não da grisácea luz da opacidade,

que, após morrerem, as ilusões nos deixam,

mas porque ainda é feita de esperança.

 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário