quarta-feira, 16 de junho de 2021


 

 

DIVERSITIES VIII – Translated 06/16/21

 

the dream arrived, took me by the hand,

to take me whither would be its want,

marvels and agonies to show and grant,

to win over all my heart thusly bent.

 

occasionally i let myself thus be sent,

only to see whatever was the slant,

to a fling of fantasy giving consent,

many there are to understand that chant...

 

another dream is the one to lead a mind,

less unexpected that which it brings to sell,

only controlling to the soul what it will tell.

 

all in a sudden, i thought, ‘it is my dream,

why let it take me to any place of its find?

rather i’ll drive it to wherever else i mean!...’

 

Na ilustração, a atriz Angelina Jolie.

This is my original sonnet in Portuguese

I translated the above from,

 

DIVERSIDADES VIII

 

cHegou o sOnho e tomou-me pela mÃo,

pAra levar-me aOnde eu não qUeria:

mOstrou-me mAravilhas e aGonia,

bUscava dOminar-me o cOração...

 

dEixei-me até lEvar, por oCasião,

sÓ para vEr o que me sUcedia:

eSse nAmoro com a fAntasia

eXistem mUitos que cOmpreenderão...

 

dIverso é o sOnho que cOntrola a mEnte:

é mEnos iMprevisto o que nos vEnde,

pOrém cOntrola o que minha aLma sente;

 

e de rEpente, pEnsei: o sOnho é meu,

pOr que me lEva aonde bem eNtende?

vOu cOnduzi-lo para oNde qUero eu!...

 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário